Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position which is based in Victoria Falls under Parksmed Medical Centre. The incumbent will be reporting to the Fund`s General Manager.
• Conducts consultations, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
• Provides health advice to patients.
• Observes, assesses, and teaches Clinic Nurses on carrying out procedures.
Updates patient records in the patient’s file.
• Liaises with other medical practitioners, specialists and health service providers regarding to patients’ requirements such as admissions and referrals.
Performs minor procedures within the Clinic.
• Performs medical examinations for local and international purposes.
Participates in health education in conjunction with other health professionals within the Community.
• Researches and keeps up to date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
• In charge of the Medical Centre and Supervision of Junior staff
• Ensures proper disposal of infectious waste at the medical centre.
• Making sure there is adequate protection of inventories from damage or theft by establishing and enforcing clear policies for the medical centre.
• Prepares budget for the Victoria Falls Medical Centre.
• Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
• Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures in the medical field.
• Producing daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Qualifications and experience
Degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees (MBChB)
Registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
Valid licence to practice the profession
Proven experience as a Medical Doctor
Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Patient Management Systems
Excellent communication skills with a customer-oriented approach
Integrity and compassion
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Human Resources Officer
Parksmed Health Fund
P.O box CY 140
Or hand deliver to Head Office’s Parksmed Section on or before the 23rd January 2022.