- Conducts consultations, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Provides health advice to patients.
- Observes, assesses, and teaches Clinic Nurses on carrying out procedures.
- Updates patient records in the patient’s file.
- Liaises with other medical practitioners, specialists and health service providers regarding to patients’ requirements such as admissions and referrals.
Performs minor procedures within the Clinic.
- Performs medical examinations for local and international purposes.
Participates in health education in conjunction with other health professionals within the Community.
- Researches and keeps up to date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
- In charge of the Medical Centre and Supervision of Junior staff
- Ensures proper disposal of infectious waste at the medical centre.
- Making sure there is adequate protection of inventories from damage or theft by establishing and enforcing clear policies for the medical centre.
- Prepares budget for the Victoria Falls Medical Centre.
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures in the medical field.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBChB)
- Registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
- Valid licence to practice the profession
- Proven experience as a Medical Doctor
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Patient Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills with a customer-oriented approach
- Integrity and compassion.
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Human Resources Officer
Parksmed Health Fund
P.O box CY 140
Or hand deliver to Head Office’s Parksmed Section on or before the 14th of July 2023.